The ASA Lady Avengers built on their perfect season yesterday with a win over Monroe CC, 73-59. ASA defeated the Tribunes for the second time this season in as many matchups. Troyian Brooks led the offense for ASA, recording 30 points and 13 rebounds. Adding to the offense, Adriana Córdoba recorded a double-double as well, with 23 points and 12 rebounds. Kiara Smith was involved all over the court, recording nine rebounds, eight assists and five steals along with seven points.
Building off their undefeated season, ASA extended their best start in program history to 21-0 as they await the NJCAA's upcoming rankings on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. ASA is currently one of only three undefeated teams in the country. Since last week's rankings, ASA defeated conference rivals Monroe College, adding wins over Sullivan County CC and Monroe CC. After defeating No. 1 Monroe CC (Division II – NJCAA), the Lady Avengers are expecting to rise in the rankings just in time for the post season,
- ASA came in last week as the No. 14 ranked team in the country, the programs highest ranking ever (previously 15)
- The Lady Avengers have been ranked by the NJCAA in the top 25 for at least one week every year since the 2012-13 season
- ASA's victory snapped Monroe CC's 20-game winning streak which began after their loss on November 4th to ASA
- ASA has delivered Monroe CC it's only two losses of the season
- Troyian Brooks recorded her second game with at least 30 points scored, four points shy of her career-high (34). She was also one rebound shy of her career-high of 14 rebounds
UP NEXT: ASA looks to complete an undefeated season when they travel to play Putnam Prep on Wednesday, February 21, 2018. ASA will then begin its post season play in the District C Championship in early March, before traveling to the National Tournament in Lubbock, Texas.